Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Who needs Longaberger?

Hello my friends!  I have been so busy with stamp camp and then getting back on track that I forgot all about blogging.  Shame on me!!!!  Well now it is time to get serious and tell you what I have been up to....Let me just start by saying I love baskets!  I think I get this from my mom.  She use to have tons of baskets hanging from the beams in our kitchen....they looked so nice!  Well I was addicted to Longaberger baskets for awhile (I had to stop they are just way too expensive!!) Well anyway I was on my daily blog surf when I went to my good friend Kirsten's blog,
http://redvelvetsneakers.blogspot.com/2008_03_01_archive.html#8375499052923873586 and found this AWESOME basket that she made out of PAPER!!!!!  Soooo I HAD to make this!!!!  Now remember I was suppose to be preparing for stamp camp but all of that went on hold so I could figure out this basket!  Kirsten was nice enough to allow Zain and I come over for a quick lesson!  I just would like to say Kirsten thank you again!  I went home and finished up my basket (it seems I was on the right track then entire time wahoo for me!)  Here is my new favorite thing to do.....

If anyone wants to know how to make this basket please see the instructions on this very cool blog http://wishyouwerehere-laura.blogspot.com/2008/02/basket-tutorial.html

Check out my blog in a couple of days and I will show you what I did the night of stamp camp....instead of coming home and going to bed I stayed up and made something very cool!

1 comment:

Cindy Lawrence said...

Just gorgeous Kylah! I love it with the twill handles too! I need to make one of these!!!